When installing a new siding material on your home, it’s understandable if you want to choose the right one. After all, not only is a siding installation a significant replacement, it will also stay in your home for many years to come. When it comes to siding materials, there are many options available for you such as cedar, wood, and fiber cement. However, there is one siding material that you should never forget: vinyl.
In this article, Mass-Tech Roofing and Building Co., one of the best siding and roofing companies in the country, lists the five best features of vinyl siding, starting with:
- Easy to Paint – As time goes by, the paint on your siding can fade, which leaves you free to change its overall color. However, most siding materials require the extra step of coating it with primer first before they can actually start painting. With vinyl siding, however, you no longer need to add primer as it can accept paint just fine without.
- Maintenance Free – If you’re the kind of homeowner who leads a busy lifestyle, chances are you won’t be able to maintain your siding much. Thankfully, by installing vinyl siding on your home, you won’t need to worry about this as they’re very low maintenance due to their lack of organic materials. In fact, all you have to do to maintain it is give it a good cleaning once a year and they should last you for a long time.
- Versatile – If your siding and roofing contractor tells you that vinyl siding is very versatile, believe them because this notion is actually true. Modern vinyl siding comes in a wide range of colors, textures, and profiles, allowing you to give your home’s exterior complete versatility at a low price.
- Energy Efficient – Want to cut back on your monthly energy bills? Good news, you can do that with insulated vinyl siding. This is because this kind of vinyl siding prevents heat loss between your wall studs in exterior walls, allowing you to save a significant amount on your heating and cooling expenses for the rest of the year.
- Durability – On the other hand, if you’re looking for durability, then vinyl siding can help you have a strong home as well. For those who are unaware, vinyl siding is manufactured to withstand elements such as heavy wind and hail impact. Apart from that, it can also resist excessive moisture, preventing the rotting and corrosion one would see in the average siding material.
Planning to install new siding in your home? Look no further than Mass-Tech Roofing and Building Co. When it comes to metal roofing and vinyl siding installation projects, we are your leading service provider and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (781) 826-7663 or fill out our contact form to get a free estimate.