Life changes happen – and you’ll want to make sure your home can accommodate these changes as they occur. Perhaps, you have another baby on the way, or maybe an elderly parent is coming to live with you. Whatever the reason, you should consider expanding your home so that everyone can maintain their comfort, privacy and independence. Here’s what makes adding another level to your home worth the investment.
1. It adds extra space to your home without moving. A second-story addition makes it possible to double the square footage in your home. This not only allows you to comfortably accommodate every family member; it also gives you plenty of additional space to play with. And the best part about this upgrade? You get to maintain the roots you’ve put down because you wouldn’t have to relocate. A second-story addition can be used to create:
- Master bedroom you’ve always wanted
- In-law suite
- Extra bathroom that eliminates long queues every morning
- Home office
- Playroom for the kids
But a second-story addition is a significant undertaking – it’s certainly not something anyone can DIY. To ensure the project will be completed up to code, you’ll want to work with a premier home builder like Mass-Tech Roofing and Building Co.
2. Increases the value of your home. The livable square footage in a home usually determines the total value of the property. While a first-story home has the same price per square foot as a two-story one, all that extra living space provided by the second floor adds to the overall value of your home.
3. Retains your outdoor living space. In a home addition, you either build out or build up. You’ll want to go for the latter. With a second-story addition, you won’t have to worry about zoning laws and property restrictions. It also allows you to keep your backyard free for other potential upgrades, such as installing a new deck, garden or pool. Basically, a second-story addition helps ensure that you and your family can enjoy outdoor living to the fullest.
Schedule a Consultation
Mass-Tech Roofing and Building Co. is not just your go-to company for quality roof replacement. If you need a professional to handle your home addition, we’re also ready and available to fill in that role. Call us today at (781) 826-7663, or fill out this contact form to request a remodeling quote. We proudly serve Pembroke, MA, and the Greater Boston, Cambridge and South Shore areas.