Taking the DIY route is fine for simple projects, but when it comes to a new gutter installation, the better idea is to work with a professional like Mass-Tech Roofing and Building Co. That’s because this project, while seemingly straightforward, will always require precise workmanship. When you hire a premier gutter and roofing company like ourselves, you’re sure that our trained crew will observe gutter installation best practices. These include:
1. Taking accurate measurements. We want your gutters to fit perfectly along your roofline, which means getting precise calculating of each roof edge. This task also allows us to make a more detailed and accurate estimate of material costs.
2. Sloping the new gutters properly. Gutters appear to be level with the ground, but they are actually pitched slightly–about ¼ inch for every 10 feet of gutters. This allows rainwater to drain property instead of cascading past the lip of the system.
3. Spacing the hangers the right way. As your trusted roofer and gutter contractor, Mass-Tech Roofing and Building Co. will make sure that the hangers attaching your new gutters to the fascia board are spaced correctly. We’ll base this on the size of the gutters, and how much runoff they’ll be able to handle.
4. Applying sealant correctly. The sealant keeps your new gutters leak-free by covering their seams. We don’t skimp on the sealant when we install gutters. Plus, we always make sure the system is completely dry before its application as this allows the sealant to adhere properly and firmly.
5. Keeping your gutters seamless with the roofline. We install gutters so they mesh underneath the roof edge, giving your home a neater and more finished look. Our options are also available in many different finishes, so they’ll easily bend with the existing trim and roof color.
Schedule Your Gutter Installation Today!
Mass-Tech Roofing and Building Co. is not just your trusted roof replacement expert–we are also the leading choice for professional gutter installation. We have all it takes to ensure your project goes on safely and smoothly. Call us today at (781) 826-7663 or fill out this contact form to schedule your gutter evaluation. We proudly serve Pembroke, MA and the Greater Boston and South Shore areas.